Ongerup & Needilup District Museum

Constructed in 1918 as railway barracks, the building became obsolete when the railway service was suspended in 1957. It now houses the Ongerup/Needilup District Museum. It has been set up to reflect the early settlers’ lifestyle, with the primitive machinery they relied upon as well as household appliances and a natural heritage display. The museum also has an Aboriginal and early settler food and medicine display as well as a replica malleefowl mound.

For more information
Open any time on request by contacting Vicki O’Neill.
(08) 9828 2282 or 0428 282 282.

Ongerup & Needilup Museum