Environmental Health

The Environmental Health Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Health Act and other related legislation, in particular food handling and control legislation applicable to shops and eating-places.

Chemical Hazards

Managing the Environmental Health Risks of a Discovered Clandestine Drug Laboratory


Useful links for Asbestos products


Public Health Planning

Shire of Gnowangerup Health and Wellbeing Survey

During June and July 2021, we are asking for your help creating a new Health and Wellbeing Plan for our Shire.

We want to hear your views about what good health and wellbeing means to you, and any difficulties you face in achieving that. Your feedback will help us identify community needs and areas for action so we can improve the health and wellbeing outcomes for everyone who lives, works and plays in our Shire, now and into the future.

Please follow the link below to complete our online survey, which takes about 15 minutes: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GNOWANGERUP

Have your say now, by completing the survey and adding any extra ideas or suggestions in the comment fields.

 Shire of Gnowangerup Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2022


 State Public Health Plan


Built Environment

Guidelines for Managing Mould


Biological and Applied EH Hazards

Guidelines for Managing Large Public Events 


Mosquito Management in the Great Southern

Mosquito Borne disease reports


Mosquito Management Plan

Mosquito Plan June 2021

Info No. 1

Fight the Bite Mosquito Campaign


Personal Appearances

Code of Practice for Skin Penetration Procedures


 Skin Penetration Procedures and the Law (in Western Australia)



Foodsafe Online Environmental Health

FoodSafe Online is a Food Handler Training Program for individuals. This is a fully online course with training videos and questions. FoodSafe® Online was developed by Environmental Health Australia (Western Australia) in consultation with state governments, academia, local industry and consumers.

Being a fully online course, you can log in, in your free time and in the comfort of your home to complete the training. Once you have successfully completed the course, you will receive a certificate .

Shire of Gnowangerup residents can now purchase the FoodSafe Online course free of charge from the website below


On the payment details page, use the unique discount voucher “FSGNOWA358” and it will apply the $35 discount. You will need to complete the transaction and follow the downloadable instructions to register and start the course. A printable certificate is available, once you have successfully completed the course.

For more information, please call the Shire Office on 08 9827 1007.

Australian Food Standards Code (ANSFA)


Food Unit (WA Health) Notices



Code of Practice for Design, Construction & Management of Aquatic Facilities


Australian Drinking Water Guidelines


Managing Risks in Recreational Waters


Septic Tank Applications



Food Act Notification/Registration Form

Requirements for the Establishment, Construction and FitOut of Food Premises